Thursday, February 18, 2010

les portes du souvenir.


I have so many great memories listening to Les Nubians debut record "Princesses Nubiennes".
I remember reading a review of the album in the Philadelphia Weekly back in 1999 and that really sparked my interest. I went to that old HMV on Walnut St. (it's a Gap store now) and copped it and fell in love.

I have a thing for French soul. Admittedly, I barely understand what is sung but it just sounds so sweet.

According to their website a new album is on the way. This is new music that I'm genuinely excited to hear. Can't really say that about any music nowadays.

Now on to the track. "Les Portes Du Souvenir" is a beautiful composition worthy of many a listen. Only one word can describe this track: Sexy.
Italic
Les Nubians "Les Portes Du Souvenir"

No comments:

Post a Comment